Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide your time together.
Review Group Member Commitments (explain any as needed):
- We do our part to create a safe environment.
- We listen to each other.
- We commit to share our lives with one another.
- We direct each other to God for the solutions to our problems.
- We resolve conflict.
Review from Last Week
Were you able to tell last week’s story to someone this past week?
How did God use last week’s story in your life?
Hook into God’s Word
Who is someone you know who has overcome obstacles and accomplished surprising things? What about that person encourages you?
Context of the Story
Tell the Story
Have the storyteller/reader say, “Here is the story from God’s Word,” before telling the story to the group.
Rebuild the Story
- Looking specifically any verses 7-10, What did God see, hear, and feel? What did God say he would do? What did God call Moses to do?
- What does this story reveal to us about people?
- Did you see anything new in this story?
- Do you have any questions about anything in this story?
- When God gave Moses the “upper story” perspective on the Israelite captivity how did Moses respond?
- Has God ever asked to you to something you did not feel qualified to do? What was it? What did you do?
- Do you ever find that your “lower story” perspective on circumstances makes it hard to believe God’s “upper story”?
- Choose a storyteller/reader for next week: Exodus 33:7-11; 34:10; 40:34-38; The Story pages 67, 68, 70.
- Share prayer requests and pray for each other.
*feel free pick and choose or to add your own questions -
more questions can be found in the back of The Story book