IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING PLEASE REACH OUT TO PASTOR MIKE SAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org OR CALL THE FAITH CHURCH OFFICE: 507-437-1000
Faith Evangelical Free Church
Job Title: Communications and Ministry Assistant Reports to: TBD
The Communications and Ministry Assistant will ensure that church information is communicated both within the church and outside the church. The Communications and Ministry Assistant will also provide office support to the church staff and church ministries.
- Agree with and be able to abide by the EFCA doctrinal statement.
- Agree to and abide by the Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality in the Bylaws of Faith Church.
- Demonstrate the irreproachable Christian characteristics described in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity by practicing healthy spiritual disciplines such as prayer, the Word, giving, and serving.
- Coordinate communication and promotion through various mediums (bulletin, newsletter, e-news, brochures, electronic sign, advertising, bulletin boards, Sunday slides, website, social media, etc.)
- Create online and paper registration forms.
- Provide information for the tables in the lobby on Sundays.
- Follow up on Connect Cards by sharing praise and prayer requests and sending out visitor letters or emails.
- Be the first point of contact for anyone contacting the church through email or phone calls.
- Greet, welcome, and direct weekday visitors.
- Design bulletins, sermon slides, song backgrounds, and other creative elements for worship services and special events.
- Trim and upload Sunday sermons to the church website.
- Maintain the church database and directory.
- Coordinate the church events calendar, including table use in the lobby for Sundays.
- Assist with weekly deposits.
- Order office supplies as requested.
- Coordinate facility and equipment requests.
- Assist hospitality teams with scheduling volunteers in Planning Center.
- Promote and assist with groups signups as requested.
- Assist with funerals by coordinating sound, projection, custodial needs, musicians, and servers as requested.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
Skills and Abilities
- Have the demonstrated ability to relate to people of all ages.
- Have a demonstrated heart for and ability to serve in ministry.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong relationship building mindset.
- Have the organizational, administrative, and attention to detail skills necessary for the position.
- Have the demonstrated ability to communicate well in writing (bulletin, newsletter, e-news, brochures, electronic sign, advertising, bulletin boards, Sunday slides, website, social media, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality of situations that arise in the ministry.
- Be able to work independently.
- Work well with the staff as partners in ministry.
- Be willing to work within the philosophy and policies established by Faith Church.
- Be proficient in using the technology needed for the position.
- Have training or experience appropriate for the position.