IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING PLEASE REACH OUT TO PASTOR MIKE SAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR CALL THE FAITH CHURCH OFFICE: 507-437-1000
JOB SUMMARY - The Director of Children's Ministry will give leadership to the Children's Ministry of Faith Church helping equip children to be lifetime followers of Christ. He/she will lead and oversee programming that nurtures and grows children's personal faith in Jesus. He/she will encourage and help resource parents to disciple their children.
- A deep and personal faith in Jesus Christ, demonstrating spiritual maturity, a healthy devotional life, and a heart for and practice of reaching out to those who need Christ.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills necessary to lead Children's Ministry.
- Ability to communicate and work well with the leaders and workers in Children's Ministry.
- Ability to relate well to children, parents, and people of all ages.
- Oversee Children's Ministry in the areas of casting vision, recruiting, directing, equipping, and resourcing workers and volunteers.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget, and oversee the responsible stewarding of those resources.
- Develop and meet regularly with the Children's Ministry Team to carry out leadership of the ministry.
- Attract, equip, and mobilize workers for lay leadership and service in Children's Ministry.
- Choose and Implement a comprehensive and systematic curriculum that addresses numerous learning styles and ages.
- Oversee programming and special events (Sunday classes, Wednesday events, summer ministries, outreach events, etc.).
- Resource parents to disciple their children, which will in turn help strengthen families in our community.
- Partner with other leaders of Faith Church in order to carry out our mission and vision for ministry.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor. (this may change)
- Supervise Children's Ministry staff (Nursery Coordinator and Children's Ministry Assistant) in accomplishing the mission and goals.
- Work within the bounds of the philosophy and policies established by Faith Church leadership.
- Work with the Pastor of Student Ministries to create a smooth transition of children into Student Ministry.
- The Children's Ministry Director is preferably a full-time position. Part-time (25-30 hours) may be considered.
- Salary for this position will reflect one's education, experience, and leadership/ministry ability. (Salary range: $35,000-55,000)
(Approved - February 2023)